Who Should Attend: This course is aimed at those who have little or no knowledge of Excel and wish to create and edit their own spreadsheets.
Pre-requisites: No prior knowledge of Excel is required.
Course Objectives: At the end of this one day course, you will be able to create, edit, format and print a spreadsheet which includes named ranges and formulae with both relative and absolute cell addresses.
- Product overview. Understanding the interface, working with the Quick Access toolbar, tabs and ribbon. Customising the Status bar.
- Opening an existing spreadsheet. Zooming, navigating, changing view.
- Entering data, using autofill, and autocalculate, deleting cell content.
- Saving files, converting XLS files to XLSX format. Using Help
- Selecting data, cutting, copying and pasting information. Freezing panes. inserting and deleting columns and rows, inserting, rearranging and deleting worksheets. Transposing data.
- Naming cells, ranges and worksheets. Changing Tab colour. Using the GoTo dialog box. Showing and hiding columns and rows.
- Running the spelling checker, using find and change.
- Understanding the mathematical operators.
- Creating simple formula to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Using relative and absolute cell references.
- Working with BODMAS, amending formula. Calculating percentages.
- Create simple formula using built-in functions; SUM, MIN, MAX, and AVERAGE.
Formatting your Spreadsheet
- Formatting cells, removing formatting, using the format painter tool. Using conditional formatting.
Sorting and Filtering Information
- Sorting data.
- Using auto filters to sort and filter information.
- Using the page layout view.
- Setting headers and footers.
- Changing page orientation.
- Using print preview, scaling to fit for print.
- Setting a print area.