Who Should Attend: This course is aimed at existing users of Excel who wish to build on their existing skills.
Pre-requisites: Attendance on Excel Introduction course or equivalent knowledge gained through working experience.
Course Objectives: At the end of this one day course, you will be able to work with tables, gather link information across worksheets and workbooks, create charts and record macros.
Workbooks and Worksheets
- Copying worksheets from one workbook to another, Grouping worksheets, Linking data between worksheets and workbooks, working with multiple windows.
- Creating custom lists.
- Protecting worksheets and workbooks.
- Sharing workbooks.
Text and Date Functions
- Creating calculations using Date functions.
- Using Text functions, Left, Right, Concatenate, Trim, Upper, Proper and Lower.
Using Paste Special
- Transposing data.
- Pasting Values.
Working with Tables
- Creating, editing and stylising a table.
- Sorting and Filtering within a table.
- Calculations within a table.
- Removing duplicate data, adding a total row, converting a table back to a data range.
- Creating different chart types.
- Editing chart data.
- Formatting charts and changing the chart type.
- Creating Spark lines (2010 only).
- Setting Data validation on selected cells to ensure consistent data entry.
- Tracking changes.
Comments and Hyperlinks
- Inserting and Deleting comments.
- Inserting Hyperlinks.
Formatting with Themes and Styles
- Applying themes. Editing themes.
- Creating and applying Styles
Working with Objects
- Drawing shapes
- Inserting image files
- Working with SmartArt
- Recording and playing a macro.
- Assigning a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar
Getting Started with Word
Getting Started with PowerPoint